Apple iPad with Retina Display
TouchScreen Quality Check
We check the LCD for cracks and chips. Additional checks are also carried on force touch, discolouration, screen burn etc.
All batteries will degrade over time. Our technicians will check for poor battery health and battery faults. These will be replaced if they are performing poorly.
70+ Automated Checks
We use state of the art PhoneChecker software. This will check issues in Software, GPS, Accelerometer, Wifi, Bluetooth etc.
When buying a used phone you’re not going to want any previous owners data. Our Team will delete and deep erase all unwanted data - permanently.
How we grade your device
Each device is graded by at least 3 different technicians. Not being from this planet they have a heightened sense of sight and touch
Apple iPad 128GB WiFi Black (4th Generation)
Breakthrough Retina Display - It's even more than meets the eye
The Retina display on iPad makes everything look crisp and lifelike. Text is razor sharp. Colours are vibrant. Photos and videos are rich with detail. All thanks to its 3.1 million pixels. It’s the best mobile display ever.
Powerful A6x Chip - High Speeds ahead
The new A6X chip inside iPad is up to twice as fast as the previous-generation A5X chip, and it delivers up to twice the graphics performance, without sacrificing battery life. Which means even the most advanced apps are smooth, responsive and incredibly lifelike.
Over 275,000 Apps.
Apps for iPad aren’t like anything else. That’s because every app — 275,000 and counting — is designed specifically for iPad. And with apps in just about every category, you can do things like make a commute more entertaining, a presentation more interesting or a school lesson more inspiring, straight from your iPad.
Ultra-Fast Wireless - Make faster connections, The world over
The new iPad with Retina display features advanced Wi-Fi that’s up to twice as fast as any previous-generation iPad. And access to more mobile data networks around the world makes it fast in more ways than one, and in many more places
It's brilliant in every sense of the world
Pick up the iPad with Retina display and suddenly, it’s clear. You’re actually touching your photos, reading a book, playing the piano. Nothing comes between you and what you love. That’s because the fundamental elements of iPad — the display, the processor, the cameras, the wireless connection — all work together to create the best possible experience. And they make iPad capable of so much more than you ever imagined.
Retina Display. See everything like never before.
The best display ever on a mobile device.
Everything you do with iPad, you do through its large, beautiful display. And when the display is better, the entire iPad experience is better. The Retina display on iPad features a 2048x1536 resolution, rich colour saturation and an astounding 3.1 million pixels. That’s four times the number of pixels in iPad 2 and a million more than an HDTV. Those pixels are so close together, your eyes can’t discern individual ones at a normal viewing distance. When you can’t see the pixels, you see the whole picture. Or article. Or game. In ways you never could before.
- 2048 by 1536 resolution display with 3.1 million pixels—1 million more than an HDTV
- Text is razor sharp
- Images come to life with vivid colours due to broad colour saturation A6X chip with quad-core graphics
- Most powerful Apple-designed chip—twice the CPU and GPU performance of A5X
- Even the most advanced apps are smooth and responsive
- New Image Signal Processor for improved iSight camera colour and noise reduction
- Powerful and power-efficient, delivering the same great 10-hour battery life FaceTime HD camera
- FaceTime calls over Wi-Fi or cellular*
- 1.2MP photos
- Capture 720p HD video
Powerful A6X Chip - We doubled down on performance
Twice the speed. Twice the graphics performance.
The new A6X chip inside iPad is our most powerful mobile chip yet. It delivers up to twice the CPU and graphics performance of the A5X chip. And it makes iPad feel faster and even more responsive. Apps launch instantly and run smoothly. Graphics-intensive games are fluid and lifelike on the gorgeous Retina display. And with improved image signal processing built into the A6X chip, the photos and videos you take with the 5-megapixel iSight camera look sharper and even more Retina worthy.
10-hour battery life.
iPad features a 3.1-million-pixel Retina display and an advanced processor and graphics. How much of an effect does that have on battery life? Almost none. You still get up to 10 hours of power to read, watch, play, write and create whatever you want, all you want.1
Apps - something for everyone. And everything
Straight out of the box, iPad takes the things you do every day and makes them extraordinary. Map out your next adventure. Then shoot it in 1080p HD. Ask Siri to help you find the best pizza in town. Watch a webcast or a film. Read a best-seller or a magazine. Check email. Send messages. Or stay in touch face to face over FaceTime. You’ll be amazed at how much is built right in.2
Over 275,000 apps from the App Store.
The App Store is home to more than 275,000 iPad apps and counting.3 But quantity is only part of the story. These are beautiful, immersive, made-just-for-iPad apps. And they change the way you do everything. You can make a spreadsheet for work, make a Hollywood-style trailer for fun, plan a lesson, plan a trip or simply plan a meal — all on a single device.
FaceTime and iSight Camera's - Now there are even more reasons to smile
Wave hello with the new FaceTime HD camera.
FaceTime on iPad puts you face to face — even when you’re miles apart. You can make a video call over Wi-Fi or a mobile network,4 so if you’re out and about, your friends and family are never out of the loop. And now with the new FaceTime HD camera, everyone can get an even better view of you and what’s around you. You can also use it for taking self-portraits or recording 720p HD video.
Shoot 5-megapixel still images.
The 5-megapixel iSight camera features a backside illumination sensor that captures great-looking pictures whether by sunlight or candlelight. When you shoot photos, the big, beautiful Retina display becomes a big, beautiful viewfinder — giving you plenty of room to compose your shot. Autofocus, tap to focus and tap to set exposure functions mean every photo you take instantly becomes frame-worthy. And with built-in face detection that automatically balances focus and exposure across up to 10 faces, there’s more room for more grins. So everyone look at iPad and say “Cheese”.
- 5-megapixel sensor with backside illumination for capturing great photos, even in low-light situations • Advanced optics including f/2.4 aperture, five-element lens, and a Hybrid IR filter
- Autofocus, tap to focus, tap to set exposure, and face detection (up to 10 faces)
- For more advanced photo editing, download iPhoto from the App Store** 1080p HD video recording
- Record 1080p HD video at up to 30 fps
- Video stabilization corrects shaky videos
- Perfect for video calling, PhotoBooth,video capture, and more
- For more advanced video editing, download iMovie from the App Store**
Ultra-Fast Wireless - Make faster connections. The World over
Advanced Wi-Fi technology. Built in.
The new Wi-Fi capabilities built into iPad keep you connected faster than ever — up to twice as fast as any previous-generation iPad. With dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) 802.11n Wi-Fi and support for channel bonding, download speeds can reach up to 150 Mbps.5 Translation: many of the things you do every day may start to feel a whole lot faster.
Next-generation mobile connectivity
If you want to connect to the Internet even when you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, choose iPad with Wi-Fi + Cellular. It now supports even more ultra-fast mobile networks around the world — including advanced networks such as HSPA, HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA. So you can download content, stream video and browse the web at amazing speeds — without a contract or long-term commitment
Siri - You wish is its command
Just ask Siri.
Siri is the intelligent assistant that helps you get things done, just by asking. Talk to Siri as you would to a person: ask “Do I need an umbrella?” or “What time is the barbecue on Sunday?” Siri not only understands what you say, it knows what you mean. It works out the right apps to use to find the right answer. Then, just like a personal assistant, Siri provides you with the information you need.6
iOS - Operating System
The world’s most advanced mobile operating system.
At the core of every iPad, iPhone or iPod touch is iOS. It includes all the built-in apps you use every day and all the intuitive technology — like Multi-Touch and Siri — that makes iPad so advanced. With every free iOS update comes even more capability for your devices. You’ll find the latest version, iOS 6, already installed on iPad. So straight out of the box, you get more than 200 new features to make the things you do every day even better.
iCloud - Built directly into iPad
Your content. On all your devices.
iCloud is built directly into iPad. Just turn it on and you’ll have instant access to all the things you need, whether you’re on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac or PC.7 New features in iOS 6 let you do even more with iCloud. Share the photos you want with the people you choose using Shared Photo Streams. Locate, lock and recover your misplaced iPad easier than ever. Browse a web page on one device and pick up where you left off on another using iCloud Tabs. And that’s just for starters.
Lightning Connector - Smaller, Smarter, Durable, Reversible
A new way to get connected.
Part of every new iPad is the all-new Lightning connector. It’s 80 per cent smaller than the 30-pin connector. And it features an all-digital, eight-signal design that’s significantly more durable. Another brilliant feature of Lightning: it’s reversible. Which means there’s no wrong way to plug in the cable.
Lightning to 30-pin Adapter.
If you have an iPad accessory that depends on the 30-pin connector, you can still connect it to your new iPad. Simply use a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (sold separately).
AirPlay - Play it on your iPad. Watch it on your HDTV
Stream via AirPlay.
All the great stuff on your iPad — your music, photos and videos — can stream wirelessly to your HDTV and speakers via Apple TV8 or to AirPlay-enabled speakers over a Wi-Fi network. With just a tap on the AirPlay icon, you can rock the house with your favourite album, have a film night or show off some photos. And go large. Learn more about AirPlay
Print via AirPrint.
Print straight from your iPad over Wi-Fi with AirPrint. There’s no software to download, no drivers to install and no cables to connect. Print from Mail, Photos, Safari and iBooks. Or any of the iWork apps — Pages, Keynote and Numbers. With just a few taps, you can send whatever's onscreen to an AirPrint-enabled printer.
iPad Smart Cover and smart Case - Two great ways to top iPad
iPad Smart Cover.
What a smart pair. iPad and the iPad Smart Cover, that is.9 Smart magnetic technology built into each one really pulls them together. The iPad Smart Cover snaps perfectly into place to protect your iPad screen. Open the Smart Cover and your iPad wakes up. Close it and your iPad goes to sleep. Fold the Smart Cover and it becomes a stand. It’s all just so, well, smart.
iPad Smart Case.
The iPad Smart Case covers your iPad — both front and back — yet still retains the thin, light design of iPad.9 Like the Smart Cover, it folds easily into a stand for reading, typing and watching video. And it automatically wakes and sleeps iPad on open and close. Made from polyurethane, it’s available in six bright colours. And you can personalise it with free laser engraving on the Apple Online Store
We focused on the big picture, but never lost sight of the details.
The most important feature on any iPad is the screen. So for the iPad with Retina display, we wanted to build not just the best iPad display, but the best display on any mobile device. To create a display with over three million pixels was an engineering feat in its own right. But we went even further. We designed a camera that could take images as brilliant as the display itself. And we enclosed iPad in a unibody so thin and light, you can take all those pixels with you wherever you go. And they travel beautifully.
It's breakthrough technology, For a breakthrough display
In order to create a display with a 2048x1536-pixel resolution, we had to design it in a completely new way. Every pixel in a display has multiple signals telling it when to light up. But when you have a lot of pixels and a lot of signals on the same plane, signals get crossed and image quality suffers. To make sure everything on iPad looks crystal clear, Apple engineers elevated the pixels onto a different plane — separating them from the signals. It’s technology that’s breakthrough. Just like iPad itself.
A camera to match the world's best mobile display
Megapixels matter. But the quality of a photo is determined by other things too — like the camera’s optics, image signal processor and software. The iSight camera uses advanced optics to give you the best picture possible. With an ƒ/2.4 aperture and a five-element lens, it captures light efficiently to produce a sharper and brighter overall image. And the hybrid infrared filter — typically reserved for expensive SLR cameras — keeps out harmful IR light for more accurate, uniform colours.
Over 3 million pixels, less than 10 millimetres thin
Even with so much power built into iPad, it’s incredibly thin and light. From the A6X chip to the Retina display, we had to engineer each component to maximise performance while minimising size and weight. So at just 9.4mm thin and less than 670g, iPad isn’t just capable, it’s portable too.*
A singular device carved from a single piece of aluminium
iPad is sleek, beautiful and engineered to handle life on the go — thanks in large part to the aluminium unibody. By consolidating many parts into one, everything becomes less complex and far more precise. The result is an iPad that’s thin, light and durable enough for the ins and outs of everyday life.
Not only is the Lightning connector 80 per cent smaller than the 30-pin connector, it was designed to be reversible and significantly more durable.
The thought and consideration we put into our products go well beyond design
How a product looks and performs matters, but so does its impact on the environment. That’s why nearly every Apple product is made from highly recyclable materials like aluminium, and why we refuse to use harmful toxins in our components.
Every iPad is free of brominated flame retardants (BFRs) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). In fact, Apple has one of the strictest BFR-free and PVC-free standards in the industry. And we expect the same from our suppliers. We go so far as to disassemble our products into individual components and materials in our Cupertino lab. Then we test them using many methods, including X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy and ion chromatography. We do this to ensure that every product we release meets our environmental standards.
To learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and processes, visit the Apple and the Environment website.
Your new favourite way to do just about everything
iPad can be whatever you want it to be. It’s your web browser. It’s your inbox. It’s your favourite novel. It’s a way to chat face to face with your best friend across the country without ever leaving home. It’s all the typical — and not so typical — things you do made smarter, more intuitive and a lot more fun
Safari, clearly the best way to browse
The web is even more captivating on iPad thanks to the Retina display. Text is sharp and crisp. Colours are vibrant and true to life. And browsing is fast and responsive.
Speedy Wi-Fi or fast mobile data connections and a powerful A6X chip mean web pages load in a blink.1 Tap, pinch or scroll, and you’ll notice the incredible response.
Read articles without distractions.
Just tap the Reader icon and clutter instantly disappears. All you see is the article. Not enough time to read it? Add the article’s link to your Reading List and finish it later. No Internet connection? Safari saves web pages — not just links — in your Reading List, so you can catch up even when you’re offline.
Share the sites.
If you’re on a web page you find interesting and want to share it, you can. Easily. One tap opens a menu that lets you email a link to the page, tweet about it or post it on Facebook.
Safari and iCloud.
iCloud keeps your Reading List, bookmarks and tabs up to date across all your devices automatically. So you can pick up on one device where you left off on another.
Size and Weight:
- Height: 241.2 mm (9.50 inches)
- Width: 185.7 mm (7.31 inches)
- Depth: 9.4 mm (0.37 inches)
- Weight: 652 g (1.44 pounds)
Wireless and Mobile Data
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Retina display
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 2048x1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Dual-core A6X with quad-core graphics
Camera's, Photo's and Video Recording
FaceTime HD Camera
- 1.2MP photos
- 720p HD video
- FaceTime video calling over Wi-Fi or a mobile network4
- Face detection
- Backside illumination
- Tap to control exposure for video or still images
- Photo and video geotagging
- 5MP photos
- Face detection
- Backside illumination
- Five-element lens
- Hybrid IR filter
- ƒ/2.4 aperture
- Tap to focus video or still images
- Tap to control exposure for video or still images
- Photo and video geotagging
- 1080p HD video recording
- Video stabilisation
- Face detection
- Tap to focus while recording
- Backside illumination
Power and Battery
- Built-in 42.5-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video or listening to music
- Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
- Lightning connector
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone mini-jack
- Built-in speaker
- Three-axis gyro
- Ambient light sensor
- Digital compass
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
TV and Video
- AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) at 720p
- AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV (3rd generation) at up to 1080p and Apple TV (2nd generation) at up to 720p
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 720p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter; video playback up to 1080p (sold separately)
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640x480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280x720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Mail Attachment Support
- Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
- Language support for English (US), English (UK), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Keyboard support for English (US), English (Australia), English (Canada), English (UK), Chinese - Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke), Chinese - Traditional (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Stroke), French, French (Canada), French (Switzerland), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Emoji, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Dictionary support (enables predictive text and auto-correct) for English (US), English (Australia), English (Canada), English (UK), Chinese - Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke), Chinese - Traditional (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Stroke), French, French (Canada), French (Switzerland), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Siri language support for English (US, UK, Canada, Australia), Spanish (US, Mexico, Spain), French (France, Canada, Switzerland), German (Germany, Switzerland), Italian (Italy, Switzerland), Japanese, Korean, Mandarin (Mainland China, Taiwan), Cantonese (Hong Kong)
- VoiceOver screen reader
- Guided Access
- Support for playback of closed-captioned content
- Assistive-Touch interface for adaptive accessories
- Full-screen zoom magnification
- Large text
- Option to invert colours
- Left/right volume adjustment
- Operating ambient temperature: 0° to 35° C (32° to 95° F)
- Non-operating temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 3,000 metres (10,000 feet)
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access6
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
- Download iTunes at www.itunes.com/uk/download
What's in the Box:
- Apple Pad (4th Gen)
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
Free Returns & Collection
Buy with confidence we offer a free return and collection service (UK Only) Love it or return it free for a 100% refund within 14 days
All our shipping methods are fully insured against damage and loss.
Free Delivery On orders over £50
2-4 Day Delivery
Next Day Delivery via Royal Mail
We offer Free Delivery on all orders over £50.
Express Delivery via DHL & Fedex
All other countries
Express Delivery via DHL & Fedex
There is a reasonable charge. More details at checkout.
New from Paypal Pay using Paypal and you can even benefit from Free returns so if your not happy for any reason send it back and get your postage covered (upto £15) .
Please note Handtec is operated by MAKX Ltd and may show up on your Statements as such.
All major Credit and Debit cards via WorldPay.
Paypal (AMEX accepted via Paypal)
Klarna - Buy now Pay later
We can also accept Bank Transfer. Simply send us an email with the URLS or Product Codes of the product. Include your shipping address and preferred shipping method. We will then send you full instructions by email
At Handtec we never store your card details these remain with Paypal and WorldPay
Why Buy From Us
We been involved in selling for over 18 years. Apart from massing over 120,000 reviews and rated Excel’laant! We're just really good at keeping customers super happy.
Check the page for more details
Buy with confidence if you dont love it we will collect it free of charge (UK Only)
18 years online and over
a million customers
14 day money
all orders £50+