Apple iPad Air 2 16GB WiFi + 4G/LTE, Gold (MH2P2B/A, SIM Free/Unlocked)
What's in the Box:
- Apple iPad Air 2 16GB WiFi + 4G/LTE, Gold (SIM Free/Unlocked)
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
Ingenuity makes it thin. Aluminium makes it strong.
Apple people are the masters of understanding the needs of its clients; the result is setting the standard for an iPad which is thin and also dainty to carry. At its inception, four years ago, the original iPad laid down the bench mark for being sleek and slim. iPad has become even thinner and lighter. iPad Air 2 is that device and the use of imagination makes it thin and the Aluminium makes it strong. With these qualities, that is enormously powerful, allowing you to do amazing things, without ever getting in your way. From the moment you pick it up, you feel how sturdy and rigid it is. However, thanks to its durable aluminium uni-body, iPad Air 2 doesn't sacrifice strength in the pursuit of thinness.
Extremely Light and Thin.
Thinness has not compromised the importance of display, rather the display, even though thinner is even better and exceeds the displays on earlier generations of iPad which used multiple apparatuses. iPad Air 2 has profoundly changed all that. The result is Colours are richer, contrast is greater, and images are eye poppers and more brilliant.
Getting fussy about the contents; Your content are right at your ﬁngertips.
The LCD layer is now nearer to your eyes which in fact is your ﬁngers; when you touch the screen it feels as if you’re touching your content. The performance has also improved exceedingly which is reflected as you touch the screen; it tracks your finger even more accurately, especially when you make quick movements, which include playing games, surﬁng the web, enjoying photos and videos — gives you pleasure as it becomes more personal, immediate, and immersive.
Annoyed by the glare?
Well, iPad Air 2 features a custom-designed anti-reflective coating which has cut down glare by 56 percent, making it the least reﬂective tablet in the world. In fact, it has the lowest reﬂectance of any tablet and ipad 2 can virtually be used in any kind of environment be it offices, classrooms, outdoors where everything is clearer and more legible.
Attention to detail.
Apple designers have paid as much attention to the back of iPad as they do to the front. The result is the anodized aluminium body of iPad Air 2 comes in three metallic ﬁnishes, silver, space grey, and now, gold which are as brilliant as the iPad itself.
Importance of details. Even the ones measured in microns. The slanting edges of the aluminium uni-body are cut with a mono-crystalline diamond to tolerances measured in microns. (For reference, the width of a human hair is about 75 microns.) That level of detail may seem to be excessive, however, every detail adds up to a better overall experience.
Love of environment?
Oh yes! An iPad that the whole planet can love. Apple designers always keep in mind about the impact its products have on the world, especially its effect after the end of a product’s useful life. That is the reason that nearly every Apple product is made from highly recyclable materials like aluminium, and great care is taken to exclude harmful toxins from our components. The result is iPad Air 2; a perfect example whose aluminium enclosure is highly recyclable and is free of brominated flame retardants (BFRs), beryllium and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). In fact, Apple leads the way globally and has one of the strictest BFR-free and PVC-free standards in the industry. Apple expects the same from its suppliers. To ensure the compliance of the strict rules Apple has laid down, all individual components and materials are checked in the Apple’s in Cupertino lab, using a variety of methods, including X-ray ﬂuorescence, spectroscopy, and ion chromatography. These tests are done to ensure that every product Apple brings in the market meets its high environmental standards.
Security conscious - Touch ID:
Security based on one‑of-a-kind design: based on science of forensics it is your ﬁngerprint, as it is flawless password. You in fact carry it 24/7 and no one can ever speculate what it is. Apple’s innovative Touch ID technology uses a distinctive fingerprint identity sensor to make unlocking your iPad Air 2 which is stress-free and at the same time protected. With new developments in iOS 8, your fingerprint will grant you faster access to so much more.
One touch unlocks your iPad Air 2.
With Touch ID, as soon as you put your finger on the Home button, it unlocks your iPad. Touch ID is capable of 360-degree readability, no matter how it is held - portrait, landscape, or anything in between — your iPad recognizes it who you are. Your fingerprint can also approve purchases from iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store. Therefore, you do not have to enter your password or billing information every time you buy.
Touch ID technology - Amazing.
The Home button on iPad Air 2 is made from a sapphire crystal surrounded by a stainless steel ring. When the button is touched, the steel ring detects the finger and the crystal sends an image of your fingerprint to a sensor. The software then recognizes the ridges of your print and confirms a match. All this happens in the blink of an eye.
Confidentiality: Your iPad keeps your personal information to itself.
Safety and security of ipad users is a top priority of Apple. So apple has created an advanced security architecture within the A8X that keeps personal information private and close to your heart; passcode and fingerprint data never leave your iPad — not even stored with the iCloud, nor shared with anyone else.
Worriless payment: with Apple pay; Fast, easy, secure payments.
The iPad Air 2 makes shopping simpler and a joyful experience and safer than ever. With iSight camera one can easily add credit or debit card from one’s iTunes account, or capture card information. When one is ready to check out, select Apple Pay, touch your finger lightly on the Home button, and nothing else to do. No worries of typing shipping and billing information. The apple Pay card details are never shared by Apple or transmitted with payment to the online trading.
Amazing Performance: Massive power and in its most minimal form.
With a new A8X chip built on second-generation 64-bit desktop-class architecture, iPad Air 2 is the fastest, most powerful iPad ever and extra care has been taken not to comprise on its quality, neither on its bigger form factor or a shorter battery life. iPad Air 2 due to the M8 motion coprocessor, it still has an incredibly long 10-hour battery life enabling one to do more, effortlessly.
The Amazing Component: The new A8X chip with 64‑bit architecture.
The amazing speed with which the fast iPad Air 2 performs begins with its A8X chip. With 64-bit desktop-class architecture and an extraordinary 3 billion transistors, the A8X chip delivers speed and graphics that challenges many personal computers.
Performance: 40 percent faster CPU.
If one is using the A7 chip in the previous iPad Air, the new A8X chip will surprise you as it delivers 40 percent faster CPU performance; From launching apps to playing games, everything is more fluid and responsive. Look at all your actions, which are in fact commands; swiping, pinching, zooming, scrolling, and rotating Graphics-intensive games and video editing apps run superbly (once possible only on desktop computers and gaming consoles) and they look gorgeous on the big Retina display at an amazing speed. Metal is optimized to allow the CPU and GPU to work together to deliver detailed graphics and complex visual effects and near-cinematic performance. These were once possible only on desktop computers and gaming consoles
Work Faster and Play Harder:
Want to do in Real Time? A8X chip does it all: swiping, tapping, and pinching, drawing, sketching and rotate and resize.
3D modelling and CAD
Live 3D CAD modelling on a tablet? You have to believe it when using iPad Air 2 as it fulfils all your dreams of doing on anything but a desktop computer.
Your interest in games will increase phenomenally; Metal is 10 times more efficient than OpenGL and combined with the A8X chip, it unlocks a level of advanced visual effects previously unimaginable on mobile platforms.
Hardware and Software work together seamlessly
Usually, increased performance comes at the expense of battery life but superior hardware and software working together seamlessly, iPad Air 2 gives you the best , isn’t just extremely extremely power efficient, with up to 10 hours of battery life On top of it, impressive engineering, considering it’s just 6.1 mm thin and weighs less than a pound.
Advanced coprocessor M8: uses less power.
When one is in motion, the new M8 motion coprocessor continuously measures data from the accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, and a new barometer. This offloads work from the A8X chip for improved power efficiency. The motion coprocessor also continuously measures all five sensors, so when playing a game or use the Maps app, iPad Air 2 is ready and able.
Amazing cameras: iSight; Cleverly disguised as an iPad.
It is a believe or not scenario: With an improved sensor, advanced optics, and a more powerful image signal processor, the new iSight camera in iPad Air 2 captures amazing detailed photos and professional-looking 1080p HD videos. With every shot, the image signal processor works in sync with the camera to deliver a great picture or video automatically. The iSight camera’s new 8MP sensor captures images in 3264-by-2448 native resolution and 1080p HD video. The result is that the photos and videos stay sharp and clear, even when viewed on larger screens. The FaceTime HD camera has been redesigned, in the same impressive manner with a new sensor that makes video calls look enhanced, even when the light is poor and gives the large, high-resolution Retina display which makes a spectacular viewfinder.
Weight and Dimensions:
- Height: 240 mm (9.4 inches)
- Width: 169.5 mm (6.6 inches)
- Depth: 6.1 mm (0.24 inches)
- Weight: 444 g (0.98 pounds)
- Retina display
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 2048x1536-pixel resolution at 264 ppi
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Fully laminated display
- Anti-reflective coating
- A8X chip with 64-bit architecture
- M8 motion coprocessor
- 8MP iSight camera
- ƒ/2.4 aperture
- Five-element lens
- Hybrid IR filter
- Backside illumination
- Improved face detection
- Exposure control
- Panorama (up to 43MP)
- Burst mode
- Tap to focus
- Photo geotagging
- Timer mode
- 1080p HD video recording (30 fps)
- Slo-mo (120 fps)
- Time-lapse video
- Video image stabilisation
- Improved face detection
- 3x video zoom
- Video geotagging
FaceTime HD Camera:
- 1.2MP photos
- ƒ/2.2 aperture
- 720p HD video recording
- Backside illumination
- Auto HDR photos and videos
- Improved face detection
- Burst mode
- Exposure control
- Timer mode
- Fingerprint identity sensor built into the Home button
Wireless + Cellular:
- Wi-Fi + Cellular model
- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac); dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz); HT80 with MIMO
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- UMTS/HSPA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900 MHz)
- LTE (Bands 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 38, 39, 40, 41)4
- Data only
- Digital compass
- Assisted GPS and GLONASS
- Mobile data
- iBeacon micro-location
- FaceTime video
- iPad Air to any FaceTime-enabled device over Wi-Fi or a mobile network.
iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi:
- FaceTime audio
- iPad Air to any FaceTime-enabled device over Wi-Fi
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
TV and Video:
- AirPlay Mirroring, photos, audio, and video out to Apple TV (2nd generation or later)
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High Profile level 5.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Siri — Use your voice to send messages, set reminders, and more.
- Use hands-free
- Listen and identify songs
Power and Battery:
- Built-in 27.3-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video or listening to music
- Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using a mobile data network
- Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
- Touch ID
- Three-axis gyro
- Ambient light sensor
- With amazing new capabilities and updates to features you use every day, iOS 8 is the biggest iOS release ever. Learn more about iOS 8
iOS 8 includes:
- Control Center
- Family Sharing
- iCloud Drive
- iTunes Radio
- Notification Center
- QuickType keyboard
- Spotlight Search
- iTunes Store
- App Store
- Game Center
- Photo Booth
Free Apps from Apple:
- iTunes U
- Find My iPhone
- Find My Friends
- Apple Store
Mail Attachment Support:
Viewable document types:
- .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel); .zip; .ics
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes (free download from www.apple.com/itunes/download)
- Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet (3000 m)
- English (Australia, Canada, UK, U.S.), Chinese (Simplified, Traditional, Traditional Hong Kong), French (Canada, France), German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish (Mexico, Spain), Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
QuickType keyboard support:
- English (Australia, Canada, India, UK, U.S.), Chinese - Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke), Chinese - Traditional (Cangjie, Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke, Sucheng, Zhuyin), French (Canada, France, Switzerland), German (Germany, Switzerland), Italian, Japanese (Kana, Romaji), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Emoji, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic, Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
QuickType keyboard support with predictive input:
- English (Australia, Canada, India, UK, U.S.), Chinese (Simplified, Traditional), French (Canada, France, Switzerland), German (Germany, Switzerland), Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Thai
- English (Australia, Canada, UK, U.S.), Spanish (Mexico, Spain, U.S.), French (Canada, France, Switzerland), German (Germany, Switzerland), Italian (Italy, Switzerland), Japanese, Korean, Mandarin (Mainland China, Taiwan), Cantonese (Hong Kong)
- English (Australia, Canada, UK, U.S.), Spanish (Mexico, Spain, U.S.), French (Canada, France, Switzerland), German (Germany, Switzerland), Italian (Italy, Switzerland), Japanese, Korean, Mandarin (Mainland China, Taiwan), Cantonese (Hong Kong), Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malaysian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovakian, Swedish, Turkish, Thai, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Definition dictionary support:
- English, Chinese (Simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Thai, Turkish
Bilingual dictionary support:
- Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- English (Australia, Canada, UK, U.S.), French, German, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal), Russian, Swedish, Turkish