The OnePlus 8T release – what to expect?
Although OnePlus, the new and upcoming Chinese Smartphone manufacturer, has been in operation since 2013, it only started making waves in the industry a couple of years ago. Now, in 2020, they are promising their updated and improved 8T model is on the horizon, and we cannot wait.
Scheduled for 10am EDT, on the 14th of October 2020, the launch even is said to be a big one. Here is what you can expect from the new 8T, or at least, here is what we think you can expect from the 8T.
According to a huge info leak recently, the following is expected from the 8T:
- It is expected that the 8T will be released with the famous 120Hz Fluid AMOLED display contained in 6.55 inches, similar to what we have come to know from the 8 Pro.
- A quad-camera system with the main sensor offering 48MP, 16MP ultra-wide, a 2MP depth sensor and 5MP macro sensor. Some sources say maybe even a 64MP, but this will have to be confirmed.
- The hardware can be summarised as the OnePlus Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+, with 8 or 12 GB of RAM, and a constant 128GB of storage.
- Battery: 4,500mAh, 65W fast charging
- The OS will be the OnePlus tailored OxygenOS 11, which is based on Android 11. This system is specifically designed to be smarter, smoother and faster to improve one-handed operation.
Although T-series upgrades for OnePlus tends to be more focused on hardware upgrades than design, OnePlus has surprised us before. The new 8T models is expected to have a different design than the OnePlus 8, with a flat screen on the front and very little curved glass near the edges. It is also said to have a rectangular camera housing on the top left corner, compared to the usual pill-shaped placed in the centre of the phone. The selfie camera is a tiny punch-hole addition to the sleek screen, which is glass along with the back panel.
It is expected to arrive in the usual OnePlus aluminium frame, with a Power button and Alert Slider on the right, a volume adjustment on the left, and the USB-C port on the bottom. It is expected to have a bottom-firing speaker with stereo sound together with the earpiece speaker (Source).
Some even speculate the newest colours of the 8T season will be Aquamarine green and Lunar Silver!
It is anticipated that the 8T will carry a much higher price than the regular 8 series, possibly due to upgrades and features we are not privy to at the moment. Sources suggest that the price will range between $799 - $899, suggesting there may be a smaller storage option like an 8GB. Compared to the 8-series which goes for $699 in the US, and the 8Pro, that goes for $899, it seems to be quite expensive, but we will have to wait and see what OnePlus offers in the big reveal.