This product is NEW not NOH (see link)
Garmin GPSMAP 62s - 010-00868-01
When the terrain gets tough, you can depend on the Garmin GPSMAP 62s handheld navigator to guide you through, with 3-axis tilt-compensated compass and barometric altimeter. Inspired by the powerful Garmin GPSMAP 60 series, this rugged and waterproof GPS combines high-precision accuracy with high functionality to brave the demands of any terrain you dare to tackle – wherever the adventure, whatever the activity.
Rugged, Full-featured Handheld GPS with Wireless Connectivity
- 2.6" sunlight-readable color screen
- Built-in worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- High sensitivity quad helix GPS antenna for unparalleled reception
- 1.7 GB of internal memory
- 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
- Supports BirdsEye satellite imagery, Garmin Custom Maps and photo navigation
Explore The Terrain
Garmin GPSMAP 62s features a 2.6-inch sunlight-readable colour screen with built-in worldwide basemap with shaded relief, so you can navigate anywhere with ease. With photo navigation, you can download geotagged pictures from the Internet and navigate to them.
Get Your Bearings
Garmin GPSMAP 62s has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which helps you get your orientation and points you towards your destination even when you’re standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude. View elevation and profile on the altimeter screen and you can even plot barometric pressure over time to keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
With Garmin GPSMAP 62s you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS handhelds. So now your friends can also enjoy your favourite hike or cache — simply press “send” to transfer your information to similar units, and let the games begin.
Keep Your Fix
With a quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity, WAAS/EGNOS-enabled GPS receiver with HotFix® satellite prediction, Garmin GPSMAP 62s has unparalleled reception to locate your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep valleys. The advantage is clear — whether you’re in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on Garmin GPSMAP 62s to help you find your way when you need it the most.
Enhance Your Navigation
With space to store up to 2000 waypoints and 200 routes, Garmin GPSMAP 62s’s detailed route planning and tracking helps you navigate from point-to-point and keep track of your journey as you go. As you navigate to a destination on an active track, you can view upcoming elevation changes together with waypoints and key stages along the route for a clear picture of the journey ahead. And with customisable display, you can tailor Garmin GPSMAP 62s’s dashboard to show you the details you need on your adventure.
You can make an adventure out of almost anything, whether you’re climbing a mountain, taking a road-trip, cycling or going out on a boat. Now you can share your activities with friends, family and fellow explorers via Garmin Adventures. It’s a great way to show people where you’ve been and highlight your favourite places. You can add geotagged photos, YouTube® videos, geocaches and notes, then share your adventure via email and social media. Simply upload your activity via our free BaseCamp™ programme to get started.
Adding more maps is easy with Garmin's wide array of detailed topographic, marine and road maps. You can download regions of Garmin GB Discoverer™ mapping for OS Explorer (1:25k) and OS Landranger (1:50k) detail and hit the trail. The traditional look and feel of the Ordnance Survey map detail complements Garmin’s dynamic search capabilities. In addition, the 62s is compatible with Custom Maps, free software that transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device. Put your favourite paper or digital maps on GPSMAP® 62s by converting details, labels and landmarks from other maps and informal plans like ski piste routes, mountain bike trails or charity treks into tailored content that’s ready to navigate.
Garmin GPSMAP 62s supports BirdsEye™ Satellite Imagery (subscription required), which lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. See the terrain in terrific clarity and high-resolution detail with satellite and aerial imagery on your Garmin GPSMAP® 62s. BirdsEye™ works with your BaseCamp™ planning software, onboard maps and points of interest to add real-world images of buildings, roads, trails, mountains and other land features.
With a simple connection to your computer and to the Internet, you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your outdoor device using Garmin Connect™. Simply upload activities saved on Garmin GPSMAP 62 from your hiking, camping or geocaching adventure to keep a record on the web or swap ideas and expeditions with others. This one-stop site offers an activity table and allows you to view your activities on a map using Google™ Earth. Explore other routes uploaded by millions of Garmin Connect users and share your experiences on Twitter® and Facebook®.
Garmin GPSMAP 62s supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but saving time you would otherwise waste manually entering cache details before you set off. Garmin GPSMAP 62s stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates or paper print outs! Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches. Slim and lightweight, 62s is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits.
Physical & Performance:
- Unit Dimensions: WxHxD 2.4" x 6.3" x 1.4" (6.1 x 16.0 x 3.6 cm)
- Display Size: WxH 1.43" x 2.15" (3.6 x 5.5 cm); 2.6" diag (6.6 cm)
- Display Resolution: WxH 160 x 240 pixels
- Display Type: Transflective, 65-K colour TFT
- Weight: 9.2 oz (260.1 g) with batteries
- Battery: 2 AA batteries; NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery Life: 20 hours
- Waterproof: Yes (IPX7)
- High-sensitivity Receiver: Yes
- Interface: High-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps & Memory:
- Basemap: Yes
- Ability to Add Maps: Yes
- Built-in Memory: 1.7 GB
- Accepts Data Cards: MicroSD™ card
- Waypoints/favourites/locations: 2000
- Routes: 200
- Track Log :10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Features & Benefits:
- Automatic Routing (turn by turn routing on roads): Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Electronic Compass: Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
- Barometric Altimeter: Yes
- Geocaching-friendly: Yes (Paperless)
- Custom Maps Compatible: Yes
- Photo Navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): Yes
- Hunt/fish Calendar: Yes
- Sun and Moon Information: Yes
- Tide Tables: Yes (with optional Bluechart)
- Area Calculation: Yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): Yes
- Unit-to-unit Transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): Yes
- Picture Viewer: Yes
- Garmin Connect™ Compatible (online community where you analyse, categorise and share data): Yes
- Additional: This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.
What's in the Box:
- Garmin GPSMAP 62s
- Carabiner Clip
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide